There are a lot of home-based businesses to choose from. However, there are also a lot of Scams. How can you tell the difference? My husband, Allan and I have been investigating home-based businesses for nearly 2 decades. I decided to create a list of some of the things that most Scams have in common. Feel free to add to this list if you like.
1. Scams usually promise that you will become rich over-night without any effort on your part. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
2. Scams do not post phone numbers that you can call and talk to to a real person during normal business hours. You will usually get a recording or a number that you can call to place an order but not actually be able to make contact with anyone at the company.
3. Scams do not usually offer a product or service. Their product is usually the purchase of the system to make money.
4. Scams usually cost a lot of money to get started, but not always. Usually, it is a one-time purchase with no opportunity to earn a residual income.
5. Scams will never promise you or give you a money-back guarantee on their product or service if you are not completely satisfied.
As always, READ the fine print on any contract or policies and procedures BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. A lot of people DO NOT do this and usually wind up regretting their decision.