Friday, January 30, 2009

Healthy Snacks for a Healthier You

I don't know about most of you, but I can honestly say that I LOVE TO SNACK! I usually get cravings for sweets like chocolate. I can not live without peanut butter. Occasionally I crave something salty. In my teenage years, I lived for Doritos. Do any of these foods sound like they would be healthy? All of them are high in calories. 2 of them are high in salt content and my personal favorite, peanut butter is loaded with fat. Could this be part of the reason why my scale won't budge?????

Let me offer an alternative. Beef jerky. It has been a staple of the American diet for centuries. It is also a great finger food. No utensils required. It is high in protein and low in calories and fat and is very filling. You don't need to eat a lot of it to feel satisfied. It sounds like the perfect snack now, doesn't it?

There is a down side to most of the beef jerky that you purchase in stores. It is loaded with preservatives, nitrites and MSG. Not very healthy at all. Most of these ingredients give me migraines. Since I am a natural health fanatic, I do not purchase my jerky from the stores any more. So, what is a person supposed to do? Jerky Direct!

I will be honest, if this sounds like an advertisement, it is! I have tried the store brands. They are cheap. But they come with a price as I previously mentioned.

My family has been purchasing jerky from Jerky Direct for the last few months. It is delicious and nutritious. It does not contain nitrites, MSG or preservatives. It also comes in a variety of flavors. Everyone that has tried it has stated beyond a reasonable doubt, that it truly is THE BEST JERKY THEY HAVE EVER HAD!

So why not find out for yourself? Dare to compare. I know that you will be impressed.

This is also an excellent home-based business. You have a consumable product that people will purchase month after month. At $12/month plus $1.95 shipping it is affordable on any budget.
 
(For those who are vegetarians, they also have fruit sticks available. Give them a try. They also have snacks for your dog too!)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the Turkey Jerky! I even recommend it in my book! One serving 60 cals/ 11g protein/ 6g carbs/ and 0g fat. With 270 mg of sodium! Good tip–my 12 year old daughter likes it too!
    Christine creator and author of MY DIVA DIET: A Woman's Last Diet Book!

    ReplyDelete