How many home-based businesses have you been involved with that didn't live up to your expectations? My husband and I have been involved with more than a few. We have researched probably hundreds over the last 20 years. Most people would call us quitters. Most people would say that the businesses we were involved with didn't fail us, we failed them because we quit too soon.
I don't entirely agree. There a certain things the average person needs to consider BEFORE getting involved with any home-based business. I would like to share a few of them with you.
1. What is the actual cost of getting involved with the company? Not just the product, but the advertising that comes along with any business you decide to promote.
2. Is there a legitimate product involved that you simply can not live without? Is it reasonably priced?
3. If there is a sponsor involved, do you trust him or her? Are you willing to be trained by them
and honestly believe they have your best interests at heart?
4. If you are doing business with a company, is there a phone number you can call and get your questions answered by a "real person?" This is critical when determining if the company is legitimate or a scam.
5. Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau?
6. Does the company have an actual mailing address and not a post office box? Most legitimate companies have a mailing address.
I am sure I could list a few more considerations, but I will end this blog for now. Stay tuned for further updates.